|Home | Latest Intel | Identifiers | Middle East Forum | Mailing List | About Us | Contact Us | Donate|
Attention Law Enforcement
Join the Jihad-Intel email list to receive intelligence bulletins on jihadist threats and information about training seminars.
Need assistance analyzing an identifier? Contact our experts at email@example.com
Knowledge of Jihad identifiers allows law enforcement to connect the dots before major terrorist attacks -- and solve cold cases. These identifiers provide unique insights into the recruitment and indoctrination that led to the Boston bombings and other attacks against America. If you see one, contact your department head or homeland security officer.
Archive of Islamic State Administrative Documents
by Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi • Dec 15, 2015 at 8:18 am
In addition to the Islamic State 'masterplan' text, readers of this blog are urged to follow a continuously updated raw archive of internal Islamic State administrative documents maintained by this author, currently spanning well over 250 specimens. Sample below.
Specimen A: Childbirth Operations in Deir az-Zor Province
In view of what the land is going through from difficult circumstances including the debilitation of souls from the exploitation of their Muslim brothers, in order to assist the believers from the sons of Islam who are working in the medical corps to support their brothers from the poor and others besides them from the Muslim populace, and with the desire to keep the course of medical work removed from arbitrary whim, the Diwan al-Siha [health administration/department], after consideration and examination of medical work in the field concerning women [gynaecology etc.] has decided on the following:
1. Fixing of the price of Caesarean childbirth operations to 15000 Syrian pounds.
Note: This is to be considered as tantamount to a written order and all who contravene it will be held accountable in the Dar al-Qaḍa [IS judiciary] with attendant consquence.
2 Muharram 1436 AH
General Medical Official
Specimen B: Landline Telephone Subscriptions in Deir az-Zor Province
Islamic Administration for Public Services
Phone connection: Number 035
The sum receipt has been completed: 400 Syrian pounds [per month]*
[Signatures]: Office official; Service official
NB: For comparison, landline subscriptions according to Northern Storm's spokesman [Azaz area] cost $2 a month (around 365 Syrian pounds). The landline subscription generally only works for local landline connections.
Specimen C: Fishing Regulations (Agricultural Department): Deir az-Zor Province
As a result of the lack of oversight over the abundance of fish, paucity of awareness, and the greed and ambition of some of the fishermen and their audacity in carrying out fishing in ways that are illegal and harmful to the life of the people, the fish and the river environment.
The Islamic State has decided on the following:
1. The use of electric current in hunting fish is forbidden because it leads to extermination of many river/water creatures as well as congenital disfigurement for small fish and other river creatures.
2. No fishing with use of explosive materials, dynamite and the like.
3. No fishing with use of toxins and other chemical substances because that leads to the death of all the creatures of fish and others besides them, as well as poisoning people who obtain food from them.
4. No fishing at a time of proliferation of the fish and river/water creatures because that leads to the prevention of the proliferation of the fish and the killing of their eggs, which constitutes a threat to the abundance of fish.
We ask all who come upon this decision to be bound by it for it is in the interest of the Islamic State and the Muslims in the totality.
© 2017 Middle East Forum